An illuminated book of hours commissioned around 1410 by John, Duke of
Berry, brother of King Charles V of France, from the Limbourg brothers,
three Flemish miniaturists in his service. It was left unfinished when the
duke and all three brothers died in 1416, probably of plague. Barthélemy
d’Eyck and Jean Colombe finished it late in the 15th century. It is kept at
the Musée Condé in Chantilly.